Who we are
OLSC Toronto is an Official Liverpool FC Supporters Club (“OLSC”) Branch as designated by Liverpool FC. OLSC Toronto is a collection of Liverpool FC supporters from across the Greater Toronto Area, based in Toronto, ON Canada. OLSC Toronto’s goal is to grow and maintain an ever increasing and active OLSC, and to foster the best possible fan experience this side of Merseyside.
OLSC Toronto expects all Members and supporters to adhere to the Code of Conduct detailed below at all times when participating in in-person or online activities supported or endorsed by l OLSC Toronto functions and any other events endorsed or supported by OLSC Toronto or Liverpool FC.
- OLSC Toronto is committed to providing a safe and enjoyable environment for all Members, Club supporters, guests, and staff at our home or affiliated pub locations.
- All members shall treat other LFC supporters, as well as supporters of other football/soccer clubs with courtesy and respect. No acts of violence, theft, vandalism, or any behaviour (implied or actual) that threatens the safety of our members will be tolerated.
- No supporters shall threaten another football/soccer fan, or engage in songs or chants that may be deemed offensive.
- No member shall degrade or commit an act of violence on any other person while attending matches at any event affiliated with OLSC Toronto, the International OLSC community, or LFC itself.
- Instances of unacceptable behavior include, but are not limited to: Racism, Homophobia, Transphobia, Sexism, Violent Behavior, and/or affiliation with any other groups that do not reflect the inclusive beliefs of OLSC Toronto.
All OLSC Toronto Members and supporters are expected to:
- Support the Club in a passionate and enthusiastic manner whilst taking a common-sense approach with sensitivity to those around you (who may be families with minors).
- Always respect other members, supporters, especially opposing fans and ALL guests and staff at our home or affiliate pubs.
- Actively foster a family friendly environment.
- Engage in the responsible consumption of alcohol.
- Use appropriate language, without threatening, foul or abusive content.
- Abide by “The Liverpool Way” when representing and supporting the team.
- Comply with requests from the staff or OLSC Toronto Executive when at our home or affiliate pubs, regarding venue operations, emergency response procedures and this Code of Conduct.
- OLSC Toronto fully supports the Club’s stance on Anti-Racism, Anti-Sexism, etc. and welcomes all Members, supporters and visitors with respect and equality.
Specifically, with respect to the matchday events at our official home or affiliate pubs, OLSC Toronto and the pub’s staff have committed to giving us the experience and atmosphere in Toronto. Accordingly, to foster ongoing support and growth of the supporters club, OLSC Toronto Members and supporters should repay that hospitality by adhering to the following:
- Pay your tab. Tip the bartenders and servers well. Many of them have volunteered to work, especially on Sunday mornings.
- Be mindful of where the servers need to operate and keep their areas open i.e. near the kitchen, point of sales, etc.
- Drink responsibly and accept any decisions of bartenders or servers.
- Unless during a special event, alcohol will not be served for early morning matches before 10 AM or according to local laws as they may change from time to time.
- Do not bring outside alcohol into the pub.. This puts undue liability onto the pub and will result in you being requested to leave the premises.
WhatsApp Fan Group
The OLSC Toronto WhatsApp group was created to serve as an additional member benefit; it’s meant to help facilitate fan-to-fan communications, build a stronger community, and offer a more efficient way to communicate club news to everyone.
While OLSC Toronto has a Code Of Conduct that we expect all our members and guests to follow when engaged in any group activity, digital platforms are unique. And so the following Group Rules were created to highlight the community rules as they apply to this digital platform.
In addition or our Code of Conduct, these are our WhatsApp Group Community Guidelines:
- The group is for General and Premium Members of OLSC Toronto only. Do not invite other non-members or those under the age of 16.
- Membership is yearly, based on the OLSC Toronto membership year cycle. The member chat will be closed at the end of each season, to be replaced with a new chat for those who become members in the following cycle.
- Always keep to the purpose of the group, and don’t share irrelevant messages about other topics.
- As with all fan groups, members won’t agree on everything. This is a SUPPORTERS CLUB, not a general, public forum. More than that, this is a LIVERPOOL FC supporters club, which – in Klopp’s words – means more. We won’t all agree on transfers, the manager’s starting lineup, substitutions, etc; we will all have different favourite players, and that’s OK. But be respectful, share your displeasure if you don’t like or agree but remember, we are here to support the club, not bash it. If your only interest or your only contribution is to bash the club, we invite you to leave the group. Abuse of this will have you removed anyway at the Administrators’ discretion.
- Set your alerts to your preferences. If you don’t want to be alerted every time someone posts, you can change the settings to mute notifications “all the time” or the next 2, 4, or 8 hours. This is a sanity saver.
- The “Announcements” group is for general announcements on club policies, event notifications, etc. The “LFC Fan Chat” group is for member-to-member footy chat. All members are part of those two groups. Additional groups may be created for volunteers, events, etc., which will be open to those who are members of those activities.
- Don’t spam the group. Do not share memes, adverts, or deals unless it’s specific to Anfield, Liverpool FC, or OLSC Toronto.
- Post your message in one single chunk of text, don’t post every word or sentence in a new message.
- Not everyone enjoys engaging in online chatter, so don’t feel obligated to participate but we do encourage you to join in from time to time.
- Avoid overly long one-on-one conversations in the group. Switch to private messages.
- Try to avoid posting between 21:00 and 07:00 unless it is an emergency. By emergency, we mean the “fire, floods, and broken bones” type of emergency, not the “transfer rumour” type of emergency.
- If someone asks a question and you don’t know the answer don’t respond with “I don’t know”. Just wait for someone who knows the answer to reply.
- Please don’t send in a hundred “thank you” messages. If you feel gratitude towards someone – tell them privately, thank all at once, or just use the heart/like button.
- The group is not a political or religious platform. No arguing, no heated opinions, no fear-mongering, no hyped-up drama, no fake news.
- We welcome, celebrate, and encourage all members to join and participate. The conversation must never include any threats to any other member (physical or digital), and we will not tolerate any negative or threatening comments about someone’s sexual orientation, religion, gender, nationality, age, or any other personal attribute. ANY abuse of this rule will have you banned from the group.
- Check your sources before you share.
- Avoid sending data-insensitive messages. No one wants their last 3GB used up on uninvited memes.
If you are not sure, ask yourself these three questions before you post:
- Is this relevant?
- Is this necessary?
- Is this a good time to post?
Yellow or red cards may be issued for any violations of this code, potentially resulting in expulsion from the pub and ultimately from OLSC Toronto.